These are known by a lot of different name like Calcium Silicate Bricks or Sand Lime Bricks or Flint Lime Bricks. Although, all of these brick type appears same, they have slight variation in chemical composition depending of input raw materials and its properties.
Flyash bricks are mainly produced in following sizes:
230 x 110 x 70 mm
200 x 95 x 90 mm
190 x 90 x 90 mm
However, customization of size is possible to certain extent. All bricks come with standard size frog that is essential for inter-layer bonding. Also, correct shape and size of frog will ultimately reflect on strength on walls. All of our bricks are produced as per specification laid down by Indian Standards code IS:12894:2002.
Quantifiable Advantages that come along with our bricks:
- Compressive Strength ranges between 75 to 120 kg/cm2, depending on client requirement. Higher strength give structural engineers flexibility to re-design wall and column thickness and re-calculate quantity of gauge of steel.
- Environment friendly, a totally green building product. Can help user attain LEEDS rating points.
- Provides better thermal and sound insulation properties as compared to conventional bricks.
- Flyash resist salts and other sulphates. This ensures no or minimal efflorescence on the structure.
- Operation wastage is reduced. Hence, net saving of 2 ~ 3% of cost otherwise incurred due to breakage.
- Smoother finish and crisp edges can reduce up to 20% of plastering cost.
Category: Mechanised Flyash Bricks
Manufacturing: Automatic / Semi – automatic machines
Dimensions (mm): 230 x 110 x 70 (common size)
(L x W x H) 190 x 90 x 90 (modular size)
Efflorescence: Nil to Minimal
Water Absorption: 10 ~ 15% (max 20%)
Class Designation Compressive Strength
7.5 7.5 N/mm2 or 75 kgf/cm2
10.0 10.0 N/mm2 or 100 kgf/cm2
12.5 12.5 N/mm2 or 125 kgf/cm2